1. Elmhassani, Y. and Marcouse, I. (2020) ‘Debate: are businesses behaving more ethically?, Business Review, 27 (2), p10.
Yasmine Elmhassai and Ian Marcouse debate business attitudes to ethics in light of the Black Lives Matter movement.
2. Vlachonikolis, G. (2020) ‘The changing role of CEO’, Business Review, 27 (1), pp.2-4.
The chief executive officer (CEO) is the highest-ranking person in a company, ultimately responsible for managerial decisions. However, as expectations or corporations evolve, the role of CEO is changing significantly.
3. Waterhouse, P. (2020) ‘Case study: streaming waves’, Business Review, 26 (3), pp.29-31.
Phil Waterhouse looks at developments in the streaming market.
4. Waterhouse, P. (2019) ‘Case study: Amazon stakeholder mapping’, Business Review, 25 (4), pp.8-10.
Phil Waterhouse explores an important topic in the context of one of the biggest companies in the world.
5. Waterhouse, P. (2019) ‘Revision focus: what is business? Management and leadership’, Business Review, 26 (1), pp.10-11.
The AQA specification is broken down into ten sections over the 2 years. In this column, Phil Waterhouse focuses on section 1 (‘What is business?’) and section 2 (‘Managers, leadership and decision making‘).
6. Waterhouse, P. (2016) ‘Case study: the gig economy: Uber, Deliveroo and Airbnb’, Business Review, 23 (2), pp.26-28.
Phil Waterhouse asks whether new service companies benefit all their stakeholders, framing his analysis around a sample exam question.
7. Coupland-Smith, H. (2015) AQA AS/A Level Year 1: Workbook: Business Topics 1.1-1.3. Banbury: Philip Allan. 650 COU.
8. Watson, N. (2015) ‘Stakeholders: which stakeholders are most important?, Business Review, 22 (1), pp.20-22.
Nigel Watson weighs up how businesses should treat those who are affected by their actions.