At Dereham Sixth Form College we are passionate about supporting students with additional needs (SEND). We aim to:
- Ensure that students with SEND are integrated fully into sixth form life through effective academic and pastoral support
- Ensure all students with SEND have equal access to all aspects of the curriculum
- Monitor and support our particularly vulnerable students through our support system involving tutors, academic staff and student liaison team.
- Increase confidence of students with SEND, encouraging them to be involved in their provision and empower them to make informed decisions about their future pathways.
- Provide a sixth form site that is fully accessible to all students with physical difficulties
- Work in partnership with parents and students to ensure that SEND needs are met within the resources of the college
To find out more information, please read our SEND report and SEND policy.
The teacher in charge of SEND at sixth form is Mrs J Almond, you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
The sixth form SENCO is Mrs L Beasley, you can contact her on email@example.com