At Dereham Sixth Form College we are passionate about supporting students with additional needs (SEND). We aim to:
- Ensure that students with SEND are integrated fully into sixth form life through effective academic and pastoral support.
- Ensure all students with SEND have equal access to all aspects of the curriculum.
- Monitor and support our particularly vulnerable students through our support system involving tutors, academic staff and student liaison team.
- Increase confidence of students with SEND, encouraging them to be involved in their provision and empower them to make informed decisions about their future pathways.
- Provide a sixth form site that is fully accessible to all students with physical difficulties.
- Work in partnership with parents and students to ensure that SEND needs are met within the resources of the College.