Staff Vacancy – Teacher of Health and Social Care/Psychology/Sociology (with Head of Year 13 opportunity)
Co-Directors: Mr J Atkin and Mr D Brook
Heads of Northgate High School, DSFC and DESA: Mrs Z Galley and Dr D Hone
Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form College
Teacher of Health and Social Care/Psychology/Sociology MPS/UPR
Commencing September 2020
There is also an opportunity for Head of Year 13 responsibility – TLR 2c £6,828
We are seeking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic teacher to join our highly successful college. Dereham Sixth Form College (DSFC) is a vibrant learning community which provides the highest possible standard of teaching and learning alongside a rich and varied extra-curricular experience. DSFC stands on its own site and comprises of around 400 students from over 25 different High schools; including an international element. It is affiliated to Northgate High School, part of Unity Education Trust, and consistently achieves very strong results. We provide the perfect stepping stone between High school and the world of Higher Education, training or employment where skills of independent learning, self-motivation and personal responsibility are highly prized. In our last Ofsted report Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form was graded a ‘Good’ school in all areas.
The successful candidate will be:
- someone who is a highly motivated and inspiring classroom practitioner;
- someone with vision, energy and a real passion for learning and pupil progress;
- able to enthuse and support students;
- able to teach the above subjects at A Level or equivalent, although the ability to teach all 3 subjects is desirable, not essential. Above all, a willingness to learn, be flexible and take on new challenges will be vital.
If applying for the Head of Year 13 role, some experience or transferable skills relating to the pastoral element of the role are required.
In return for the right candidate, we are offering a competitive salary in line with MPS and UPR scles and:
- all the advantages of a successful academy group, with a friendly, strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff;
- being part of an extended network of teachers and leaders who share and exchange ideas and the benefit of health care plans and continued professional development opportunities;
- the opportunity to work with other schools as part of Unity Education Trust and the benefit of supportive Governors, Trustees and parents.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 13th May 2020 at 10.00am.
The process to apply for this post is completion of an online application form available via the educationjobfinder website.
The school reserves the right to appoint earlier if an exceptional candidate applies for the post, so early applications are strongly encouraged. If you would like to arrange an informal discussion please contact the Heads: Zoe Galley and Duncan Hone at Headsofschool@northgate.norfolk.sch.uk
Dereham Sixth Form College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check is required for all successful applicants.
Northgate High School is a part of Unity Education Trust which is a charitable company limited by guarantee (Company No. 10591822) registered in England and Wales at Crown Road, Dereham, Norfolk NR20 4AG.
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Glyn Hambling, B.Ed. (Hons), M.Sc., N.P.Q.H.