Year 11 Design and Technology Bridging Work
Resources needed for the course:
- Design and Technology textbook – you can order the book from Amazon at a slightly cheaper price or you can look on Ebay.
- A3 portfolio.
- Drawing equipment – pens, pencils, colouring pencils, black fine liner pens.
- Use/learn Sketchup and do some tutorials or design some products.
- Choose 2 design eras/designers from the list below and produce a mood board with annotations. You will use these as inspiration for some products you are going to make in Year 12:
- Arts and Craft movement
- Art Deco
- Modernism, e.g. Bauhaus
- Post modernism, e.g. Memphis
- Phillipe Starck
- James Dyson
- Margaret Calvert
- Dieter Rams
- Charles and Ray Eames
- Marianne Brandt
- Either purchase the textbook above or use your revision guides to read up on sustainability, environment and alternative energies.
- Have a look at some past papers and have a go at some questions.